03 January 2014

Merry Christmas!

On Christmas day I wrote a post and uploaded pictures about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Michael's family in town, and then later I noticed it never uploaded to the blog.  Apparently the blogger app on the phone hasn't been working lately and I've lost a few posts, which is frustrating.  But I deleted the blogger app on my phone and then got it again, and it seems to be working now.  Hopefully that's all it needed.  So I thought I'd give it another go, and at least get the pictures up from Christmas.  Here goes:

We started out Christmas Eve with reading our traditional Christmas books:



And of course we acted out the nativity:

Had to get a picture of all the cousins in front of the tree:

And then we looked at the Christmas light displays on our street:


Then after the aunts, uncle, and cousins went home, and after the boys went to bed, Grandpa Dick helped us set up the trampoline in the back yard.  

After filling the stockings, it was time for Mommy and Daddy to go to bed too.

Christmas morning was great.  I think the sweetest part was watching the boys be so excited about the gifts they each got for their brothers, and giving each other big hugs as we watched them open each gift.






After opening gifts, the boys enjoyed putting together a puzzle with a map of the United States, and they played a bird bingo game.  Then we had yummy scones that Debbie made for breakfast.  (I told Michael he needed to learn how to make scones, but later I thought better of that idea, since they were so good and I ate far too many).  



We closed the curtains that morning so the boys hopefully wouldn't notice the trampoline until after opening their other gifts in the morning.  But later on we opened the curtains, and it wasn't until part way through breakfast that the boys finally noticed it.  

And when they did notice it, they were pretty excited.  


No comments: