17 February 2012

Kolby's letter, week 2

I tried to post Kolby's weekly letter to his class on Monday, but was having some computer issues.  So here it is:


13 February 2012

Dear class,

On Saturday my family and I worked outside on the sprinklers at my grandparents’ house.  Some of the sprinklers were broken and we fixed them.  Then my brothers and I were taking snails out of the bushes and smushing them.  My uncle Matthew told us to do that so the snails won’t eat the plants. 

You can probably guess that there’s not snow here.  It never snows here in San Diego.  In my grandparents’ back yard there is a pool, but I have not swam in the pool yet on this trip because the water is too cold.  My grandparents’ two dogs, Makenna and Makai, live in the back yard.  They are dark brown dogs.  Makenna and Makai are related because Makai is Makenna’s mom.  But Makenna is not a puppy any more. 

There are also orange and lemon bushes in the back yard.  That’s where we always get the oranges so that we don’t have to buy them.  My favorite kind of oranges are the Satsuma Mandarin oranges, because they taste good. 

After we finished working in the back yard on Saturday, we went to a talent show at church.  It was just for kids.  My brother, Camden, and I were in the talent show.  We both played the piano.  I played a song called “Space Shuttle Blues.”  I have no idea what the name of Camden’s song was, but he did a good job.  Some other things that people did in the talent show were singing songs, dancing, skits, and someone who did the rubix cube.  I also have a rubix cube, it is in my backpack.  I can get the same color all on one side, but I can’t do more than one side. 

After the talent show was done we ate cookies.  I had chocolate chip, and I don’t know what kinds the others were.  After I ate I played tag with some of the other boys that I knew, like Nicholas, and some other big kids. 

I met Nicholas when his mom gave me a ride to cub scouts last week.  At cub scouts we practiced a skit called ‘the ugliest man in the world.’  We are practicing the skit for a blue and gold dinner.  I have not been to a blue and gold dinner before, so I am excited.  At cub scouts we also had snacks, then we played with toys at the park.  Then we came home and had dinner.

Since we came here it has been lots of fun. 

Kolby
  

No comments: