08 December 2010

Camden’s church talk

Here’s Camden’s talk that he gave in his primary class on November 7th:
“Jesus Christ taught us how to serve others. Jesus did service. He blessed people and he taught people. And one time Jesus had 5 fish and 2 pieces of bread, and he fed thousands of people. If people were sick, Jesus made them better – He healed them with power from Heavenly Father. I think it made Jesus feel happy when he helped people.

Jesus told a story about the good Samaritan. There was a man who was traveling on a road, and some robbers came and hurt him and took all his money. He almost died and he was lying on the road. Some men walked past and saw him, but they didn’t help. Then a man from Samaria came by, and he helped the hurt man. He brought him somewhere and got him some food, and the man got better. We should help people who need our help too.

Jesus died for us and was resurrected so that we could return to live with Jesus and Heavenly Father again. Jesus served us.

I can do service by cleaning the house, vacuuming the rugs, or doing the dishes. I can also do service by being kind to others. If I hurt my brothers, I will say sorry. And I can share my toys. When I serve others it makes me feel happy.

I’d like to bear my testimony that I know the church is true. And I know that I can bless people by giving service. I know that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, and I am going to be baptized when I’m 8. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.”

No comments: