28 September 2010

“School Pictures”






So, I took Kolby and Eli last week to have their “school pictures” taken.  After seeing the ridiculous prices they charge for school pictures, we started last year with just taking the school-aged kids in September to JC Penney and asking them to take a picture that looks like a school picture.  With our portrait club membership and coupons, we ended up paying $1.06 for an 8x10 portrait of Kolby and one of Eli.  And, wow, it sure is easy to have pictures taken of just one child – so much easier than trying to get 5 little boys to all pose and smile at the same time.  We were probably there for 10 minutes, total.  The boys did great, and they had a ball afterwards when I let them take a walk around the entire mall (they had lots of fun jumping from tile to tile while they tried to only touch certain colors of tiles on the floor in the mall).  And when I got home, I checked my e-mail and JC Penney now has a new way of sending out proofs from their photo shoots, so I saved copies of those too (they’re not high enough quality pictures to frame or anything, but they’re still cute).  So, here are the proofs of the pictures I didn’t order, and I get to go pick up the two that I did order in a couple days.

1 comment:

Donsher said...

Walmart does a great job too..and cheap! These turned out great, of course it helps that the "subjects" are so cute!