15 September 2009

Camden's 3rd Birthday Party

So, the birthday party turned out fun. We realized that even though our house has a lot more space than our apartment did, we can’t fit a lot more people all at once if we all want to be in the same room at the same time, so luckily it was nice enough weather to head out to the back yard where all the kids could run around (and where we wouldn’t have to clean up after the cake and ice cream). The kids enjoyed playing with the small box of plastic snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, spiders, bugs, etc. that we got for Camden. And he had fun unwrapping and playing with his gifts too. My favorite part was the cake I made him – I mushed up oreos and added them to the frosting so it looked like mud, and then I stuck gummy worms in the cake and topped it off with a few little plastic frogs for decorations. And, as you can see from the first video clip, Camden thinks he’s all grown up now – when asked how old he is, his usual answer is “13,” but I guess he must think he’s older now that he’s having another birthday, since he told me he is 16. Well, Camden, I’m glad you’re not a teenager yet. You are still my sweet little 2 year old for another week or so, and then you’ll have to settle with being 3 for a while longer. :)

No comments: