12 October 2007

Something New

So, I decided to start wearing make-up. I know that’s probably not a big deal for most of you, but whenever I’ve worn make-up in the past it has only been eye shadow and mascara, and lately I haven’t worn much of anything most days. The other night, though, I got invited to a Mary Kay party at my friend, Marcela’s, house, and the girl who came let us try samples and showed us how to use the make-up. Although I thought they had good products, I definitely couldn’t afford any of the Mary Kay stuff, so I went to Wal Mart the next day and got make-up in similar colors that was a lot less expensive. I got up this morning and Michael got the boys up while I got ready. Almost an hour after getting up, I had gotten dressed and put on all the make-up – I’m sure it will take me much less time to put it on after I’ve done it a few times. I really liked how it turned out, and Michael said that he liked it too. Now, I’m not committing to doing it every day, but I thought I could at least start with Sundays and other days when we have activities going on. I went to a baby shower this morning, and one of my friends said that my eyes looked very glamorous – which was pretty fun to hear. It’s kind of nice to be able to get a little more dressed-up when I feel like it.

I had Michael take my picture this morning because I felt cute – you can’t really see the make-up that much in the photo, but kind of.

1 comment:

Amy and the boys said...

I think it looks great- and I noticed it yesterday at church. :)