20 December 2018

Cooking & Wrapping & Exciting Announcements!

I told the boys I want to get back into our old tradition of letting them plan and cook a family dinner at least once a month again, and they got so excited to do it earlier this week.  They took out all the cookbooks we own and sorted through them, then gave me a list of ingredients.  I have to admit I was rather wary when they asked for 8 cups of kale (I've never really cared for the stuff).  But they ended up making a really tasty meal from a Greek cookbook with kale that was flavored well with olive oil & salt, eggs, ham, etc.   And they made some guacamole & some salsa from scratch.  (And we finally have Mexican limes growing on our little tree in the yard this season, so the guacamole tasted great with the fresh lime juice in it).  And for dessert they made a pumpkin cheesecake from a little old cookbook I have from my great Grandma Moore's family, called 'Moore Good Cookin.'  It was all excellent.  We told them they can take some cookbooks and we'll drop them off at the grocery store in Mammoth so they can cook some of the meals while we're up at the cabin for Christmas. 
(Courtland helped with the cooking too, but he was at gymnastics when I took this picture).
Definitely the best kale I've ever had.  And I got to enjoy the
leftovers for breakfast for the next couple of days.  Yum!


And this morning the boys all pitched in and helped me wrap the gifts we got for Faida and her three girls (we were exited that we were able to provide Christmas again this year for the same sweet family we worked with last year).  I'm rather proud of my wrapping job on this gift in particular, if I do say so myself.  :)



Oh, and for the coolest news of all: my brother Matthew called last night to let us know that he and his girlfriend Nicole are engaged!  We're so excited for them.  And can't wait to see them around Christmastime.  Welcome to the family, Nicole!


No comments: