05 December 2017

Matthew 15:4

Our church is doing the annual "Light the World" 25 Days of Service again this December at LDS.org.  It is a great opportunity to take a few minutes each morning with the kids to think of ways we can serve those around us.  Today's theme is Matthew 15:4, "Honor thy father and mother."

I was thinking about my parents, and all they have done for my siblings & me, and for my kids and my nieces & nephews.  And all that my in laws have done for my husband and our family, & his siblings and their families.  And now that I'm a parent I can appreciate a little better all they put in with late nights, creative activities, worries, family trips, siblings bickering, birthday parties, illnesses, family home evenings, messes, lessons, family meals, homework, laughter, & family traditions.

I love family photos and the memories they represent.  Today I enjoyed taking a little time to look back through photos of my parents with us and our kids, and photos of Michael's parents too.  So I thought I'd share some of those here.   Thanks for everything you've done (and still do) for all of us!








1 comment:

Dick said...

Stephanie, These videos you have assembled with hundreds of photos are priceless. They bring back so many wonderful memories and give us a broader view of you and your family as you were growing up. Many of these photos we have never seen before. I love that you have developed such a rich appreciation for pictures and have the technical skills to prepare this. We love and appreciate you also and are so happy that Michael married into such a wonderful family. Your boys make us happy to be grandparents. Thank you for preparing this!!!