14 December 2017

Elijah's Character Traits

I enjoyed reading this humanities class assignment Elijah wrote.  I love to see that my kids gain self confidence and a love of trying hard things & overcoming challenges from being out in nature like I did as a kid.  (And I did have a little talk with him about the difference between making wise decisions when considering taking risks, and doing dangerously risky things that could lead to injuries).  One thing about allowing the boys to push their limits and try new, challenging things is that I have seen them make wise decisions time and time again about how much they really can handle, and about whether or not something is too risky.




Elijah Bradshaw
Mrs. Grissom
12/14/17
Humanities
My Dominant Character Traits
I have many character traits as everyone does. There are a few that I have at are dominant. One of these dominant traits is that I am adventurous. I love to adventure out and do fun stuff that lots of other people would not usually do. One time that I did this is when I was on a camping trip with a group of other boys. We were going to the Mud Caves and it was super fun. It was nighttime and we were exploring a cave. We got to a point where we had to climb a rope and some of us went on. Out of the 10 or so people, I decided to explore away from the group. We Were supposed to stay with our buddies but I ventured off. Up I went. I am a climber so I climbed to the very top of the tunnel, where it was starting to get dangerous. If I fell I Would have hurt myself very badly. I stuck my head out of the top. A rare occasion where there was a hole in the top. This is one example of a time when I have been adventours. This trait impacts other people’s view on me. One way is that people are usually worried because I venture off, and I have a chance of getting lost. This is one of my dominant character traits.

Another dominant character I have is that I am daring. There are many examples of this but I will tell you of one only. I was on a camp out with the same group of friends that went with me to the mud caves. Where were camping out in Anza Borrego wilderness. We had found a small river and we were going upstream. We came to a cool part and we ate lunch there. We decided that it would be fun to play tag jumping from rock to rock. There was someone that was it and they were coming towards me. I got surrounded. I could either be it or jump up and across a river. The river was five or so feet and the rock was hard to climb on the other side. Sense I was daring I decided to take the risk. I took a step back and I leaped. I barely caught the rock on the other side. Everyone was awed at the jump I had made. This is one example of a time that I was daring. This trait impacts other people’s point of view on me. One way is that people are scared for me, because they think I will hurt myself. People also are awed at the daring things that I do. This is another one of my dominant character traits.

No comments: