06 December 2017

Technology Experiment: Day 4

Day 4:
What I learned: Although the purpose of this little experiment was not to increase my productivity around the house, I’ve noticed that I can get a lot of stuff done in the afternoons lately. I haven’t really been focusing on my “to do” list after school this week, since I’ve been focusing more on spending time with the kids for the most part instead of on what I’m getting done. But lots of the time I just invite one or more of the kids to help me with what I’m doing. And since I don’t have the distraction of multitasking with my phone in the afternoons, I can get more “actual” things done around the house (as opposed to getting “digital” things done, such as correspondance, scheduling, etc.)  And you might think I would be left with a lot of those “digital” things to catch up on after the kids go to bed at night, and there is a little of that, but nothing much.  Here’s to un-multitasking!
What we did:  Isaac helped me wrap my last Christmas gift (done, woohoo!). And then the boys and I brought in chairs, sports equipment, and some decorations from the yard since we’ve been having high wind warnings for tonight and tomorrow. Then Courtland & Isaac went with me to mail a box for Christmas & pick up Camden’s bike from the repair shop. When the boys went upstairs to play I did some laundry, did a little writing in a workbook that I hadn’t gotten around to doing for the last few months, and then we got dinner ready. After dinner Michael was going to work on typing up his notes that he had left over from work today, but instead he decided to read Harry Potter to the boys, and I sat and listened with them.  We accomplished a lot this afternoon, but it didn’t feel too rushed or busy. 

No comments: