16 September 2014

Autumn

It's time for Fall decorations. Over the years I never really thought much about holiday decorations other than Christmas, but I made these paper pumpkins from books as center pieces for a Thanksgiving dinner at church a couple years ago, and then I found the little grape vine pumpkins, and I love them together. The perfect autumn decorations. Simple and sweet. 




Now I just have to figure out exactly how to use these cute chicken wire baskets I found for a great deal the other day. I've got a few ideas of how to use them as decorations for different holidays, so we'll see what I can come up with. :)



. . . Update:

Ok, so today I figured out what to do with the chicken wire baskets. I put mini pumpkins & gourds in them. I thought they turned out pretty cute. 






I set one on the table, one on the front doorstep, another on the counter, and one down on the fireplace hearth. And I came home to find that my dogs liked my decorations too. One (or both) of the dogs ate all of the mini pumpkins & gourds in the one basket on the fireplace hearth. All that remained was a few pumpkin seeds, some little pumpkin pieces, and a stem. Great!  At least the dogs should leave the rest of them alone now that I don't have any down at floor level (I hope). [It sure is a good thing those dogs are cute, when they do things like that.]    :)

No comments: