22 October 2013

Travel Log: October 4th, Part 1, Rothenburg

"I finally got wifi at this hotel so I can write.  . . . We flew into Munich yesterday and went to an archive/museum there, but it was Oktober Fest in Munich and I guess it was also the celebration of the Berlin Wall coming down in all of Germany, so the archive was closed. So we drove to a German town called Rothenburg ob der Tauber that is a medieval town with a wall around it.  It’s cool with tons of super old buildings (like from the 1400s to the 1800s) with people still living in them. I got the boys some cute little carved wooden Christmas ornaments in a shop there. . . ."




[Looking back on this trip, if I had to choose a favorite place that we visited,
excluding the genealogy locations, I would choose Rothenburg.]


No comments: