05 May 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

Here is some of the boys' art work and some writing samples from the last several months.  And a few random photos, and a talk that Isaac gave in church back in December that I don't think I ever got posted to the blog.  (There, it feels good to be all caught up on the blog, at least for the moment).

 Camden's art work:
a castle:













Brax:


a picture of Mommy:


A dragon:





Courtland fell in the the mud at a friends' house:


 Courtland's art work:





Isaac's art work:



Here's a talk that Isaac gave in primary at church back in December:


At Christmas we celebrate when Jesus was born.  When Jesus grew up, he taught people about the gospel.  He taught about the Plan of Salvation, and that he would atone for our sins so that we could live with him and Heavenly Father again someday.  Jesus died because people put him on a cross.  After he died, Jesus was resurrected.  ‘Resurrected’ means when someone is dead, and then they are alive again.  It was a miracle.  After Jesus was resurrected he went to live with Heavenly Father. 

But Jesus will not stay with Heavenly Father forever.  Someday he will come back to earth.  In the 10th Article of Faith, it says that “Christ will reign personally upon the earth.”  The first time that Jesus came to the earth, he was a little baby born in a stable in Bethlehem.  But when he comes again, Matthew 16:27 says He “shall come in the glory of his Father.”  Only Heavenly Father knows exactly when Jesus’ second coming will be.  Matthew 24:36 says “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”  So we should always obey the commandments, so we are ready when Jesus comes again.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.



 Kolby's writing samples:

April 2011:

June 2011:

September 2011:

November 2011:

I thought this was great: 
Mommy hugs me when I am sad, and that makes me feel happy.  Mommy helps me do my chores and that makes me feel happy.  And Mommy lets me stay up late and that makes me feel tired.

December 2011:
I thought it was pretty cute that one of the things that Kolby wanted from Santa was more brothers.

 Kolby's poetry: (He was so proud of these poems!)



 Kolby's art work:





Lijah's writing samples:
April 2011:

September 2011:

Lijah's art work:





Michael reading a book to Kolby's class for his birthday:

Letters and pictures from the boys for Uncle Matthew's birthday while he was on his mission:




Daddy and Mommy:


And Brax too:

No comments: