18 January 2012

Lucky Mom

Last night I stayed up extra late working on something.  And this morning I got up at 7:30 to find that all my boys were done with their breakfasts.  Kolby and Lijah were both all ready for school with snacks in their backpacks and all their winter clothes ready at the back door, and they had both done their piano practice.  And both of them had finished all their daily chores already (between the two of them, they cleaned up the study, did the dishes, made their beds, vacuumed the rugs, picked up things off the floor around the house, and cleaned up after the dog in the back yard).  Camden had fed the dog already (and yesterday afternoon he asked me if he could make the sandwiches early for today's lunches for his little brothers and himself, and an extra one for Daddy -- so lunch was already taken care of).  After I got up, Isaac got his room cleaned up and Courtland put all the shoes and winter boots away in the shoe cubby in the garage (his chore).  And Kolby and Lijah each completed their daily 15 minutes of reading for this afternoon's homework.  Kolby also asked me to quiz him on his spelling words for the day.  And after the two older boys left for school, Courtland decided to vacuum the rugs (even though I told him Lijah had already vacuumed this morning, he insisted on doing it too).

I'd say I'm one lucky [blessed] mom.  (I just need to remember moments like this on other days when I find myself rushing the kids out to the bus stop as the bus is already pulling up, or at other times when I find myself ready to pull my hair out while wrangling 5 wild things in the grocery store).  They sure are good kids, though.  :)

No comments: