27 September 2017

Biking with Mom & Matth

Matthew surprised us and came into town for the weekend. Mom, Matth, & I had fun doing a little mountain biking on Monday. We went up the switchbacks, and when we were going up the hill on Artesian Road my chain suddenly snapped in two while I was riding. Don't know what caused that to happen. Matth was sweet and towed me and my bike up a couple of hills, then he and Mom took off to get the car and come pick me up. I just kept chugging away, using my bike kind of like a scooter -- standing with one foot on one pedal, while using my other foot to push off along the edge of the curb, and occasionally being able to coast down hills. I made it to the local bike shop and got the chain repaired, before Mom & Matth came and met me for lunch. It was a good day. 






(Notice anything missing?)



And I'm starting to get excited about mountain biking again. I met a new friend in my neighborhood named Tami who invited me to help her out with a little neighborhood Facebook biking group she had created, and tomorrow we have our third weekly group bike ride so far. I've even started thinking about whether I can fit in more than one or two rides a week. We'll see. But it's fun to have several friends from the neighborhood & from my church who have signed up for the group and want to do it too. 

No comments: